Monday, February 1, 2010

"Tamil Makkal Varalaru" by Dr. K. P. Aravaanan - True Interpretation Of Tamil Gods And Beliefs - "How It All Really Began"

"The Social History Of The Tamil People" (The era of ancient cults) K.P.ARAVAANAN



I told my Dad I have turned into full fledged blogger and asked him any suggestions as for my next blog and he gave me this book and he told me that after completing this book I will get a new perspective as to how truly the beliefs of Tamil religion started.



So I begin my first page today....



The books gets into the heart of Tamil Gods in the first chapter itself as it starts with "NANDI"




"Nandi (Sanskrit: नंदी), is the bull which Shiva rides and the gate keeper of Shiva and Parvati in Hindu mythology. Temples venerating Shiva and Parvati display stone images of a seated Nandi, generally facing the main shrine. There are also a number of temples dedicated solely to Nandi".

No comments:

Post a Comment